07 September 2005

De Ja Vous Rendezvous

A precious appointment has slipped quietly past like a phantom, and there is no one who can catch it. Two remote friends turn in sync to watch it shrink hastily into the distance. There is nothing to do but gaze in confusion, wondering what went wrong.

I beckon my left arm to come up, and I look down at my timepiece. This reminds me of an important fact: as long as we are still living, there is always another chance. Let us all be grateful for the faithful and continuous appearance of opportunity, and never take it for granted.

posted by Smith @ 9/07/2005 11:28:00 AM

1 Comments:

At September 09, 2005 8:37 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I do hope you will accept my most sincere apology...Guatemala could not be put on hold.

Tea and Sympathy will be on me.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois

husband, father, son, brother, friend; curious, skeptical, cognizant, reasonable, liberal, freethinker

Google

Design by Beccary


Blogwise - blog directory