05 August 2005

You have Friday's Word on it.

At last, my faithful fairy cakes! I know you've been standing by patiently, and you deserve a special treat for it. Friday will not only have one word, but two words of the day! Oh, I know you must have just peed a little -- take a quick loo break if you need to, we'll wait...

Tick....tock.....tick....tock. Okay, let's hop to it, eh?

With respect to my recent experiences posted below, do you know what the [British] terms bonnet and boot mean? I'll give an example of their usage:

I opened the boot to get my jumper cables; then I popped the bonnets on both cars to connect the batteries.

Go ahead and book your flight to London my friends, you're beginning to understand. Yes, bonnet means the hood of a car, and boot refers to the trunk of a car. Splendid!


Just wait until you see which word Saturday brings.......ahhhhh, time for a loo break.

posted by Smith @ 8/05/2005 01:00:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois

husband, father, son, brother, friend; curious, skeptical, cognizant, reasonable, liberal, freethinker

Google

Design by Beccary


Blogwise - blog directory