05 August 2005

What a dutiful morning!

Whew!

Today's was a rough morning, I wasn't able to show up to work until 1:30 in the afternoon. Do you want to hear about it?.......No? Tough shit, have a seat!

It started last night when I met Priscilla (my sister) in front of Priscilla of Boston in Uptown Park (Houston) so that she could take Hudson for the weekend. When she tried to start her car (2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee) it wouldn't start.

I worked on it as much as I knew how, consulting with experts, taking suggestions, ultimately resulting in no resolve. After a short while Hudson was getting pissed, and would not hear of staying there any longer, he was hungry and had much baby business he had to attend to. He demanded that we take him back to his crib immediately and that I had to ride in the back seat with him while Priscilla drove our car.

When we got back to Hudson's crib, I grabbed the necessary equipment and went back to ground zero. After a good man-hour of work, I determined that the battery had reached its complete demise, and could not be relied upon, even with a jump-start. I made the conclusion that I would need to return to ground zero as soon as possible this morning with a new battery.

After taking Dayna (my wife) to work this morning I purchased a new battery and returned to ground zero. With minimal equipment I struggled to extract the lifeless battery. After more than an hour, using everything from tweezers to the "jaws of life," I was able to free the retired corpse, which I pronounced dead at the scene, just to add a little drama to the situation. The remaining two hours of my paid time off included the installation of a spanking new battery (and I think it was a little queer too), returning to Hudson's crib to pick him and Priscilla up, and returning to ground zero for one last time to retrieve my faithful Ford Focus.

Once again, whew!

posted by Smith @ 8/05/2005 11:38:00 AM

1 Comments:

At August 06, 2005 5:13 PM, Blogger Alan said...

What a WONDERFUL brother you are.

Look at you...so responsible and all.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois

husband, father, son, brother, friend; curious, skeptical, cognizant, reasonable, liberal, freethinker

Google

Design by Beccary


Blogwise - blog directory