17 October 2005

Everyone knows, but it's still a SECRET

PostSecret now has had nearly 12 Million hits and still counting since Frank Warren started posting secrets that are sent to him at his suburban Maryland home. When he launched the idea, he had no idea the scale that it would one day reach.

Warren encourages people on his Blogger weblog to write down and personalize a secret that they've never told anyone onto a post card. They are delivered to his curbside mailbox where he receives dozens of post cards a week.

"What has come in has varied broadly," Warren says in an interview with NPR, All Things Considered. "It touches on all emotions. Some are funny, some are tragic, some are shocking, some are gross." Click here listen to the entire interview on NPR.

A few weeks ago, I mailed my own secret. I checked every Monday morning after that, and finally, this morning I found that the post card that I sent with my secret had been posted. It made me nervous, just because there were so many people (about 5,000 people an hour so far) reading my secret. But it also made me really excited, and I laughed about it, because my secret is hilarious.

You should visit the website. If you haven't already, your first visit definitely won't be your last! And when you see my secret, be sure to laugh! I can't tell you what it is though, it's a secret.

posted by Smith @ 10/17/2005 12:33:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois

husband, father, son, brother, friend; curious, skeptical, cognizant, reasonable, liberal, freethinker

Google

Design by Beccary


Blogwise - blog directory